Simple

Simple

Wow


Renea Abbott of Shabby Slips

Caution is the hallmark of my personality.  I'm most comfortable playing it safe, following the norm, sticking to the rules. Once in a while, an event or experience pushes me out of my comfort zone and reminds me to stretch a little.  Sometimes a beautifully decorated room has the same effect on me too. 

  I've been flirting with leopard, but I've only got pot holders and cocktail napkins.  That's not enough to get the pulse racing, is it?  Although animal print calls for restraint, if it's done right (like here) it can be both daring and tasteful.  So the napkins will be put away when the leopard sample arrives for pillows.  If there were a sweet pair of chairs to be found in a consignment shop and I could get up the nerve, they might get the leopard treatment too.  But then the pot holders would have to go and I'd be in over my head.

11 comments:

  1. Gently ease yourself into leopard. Start with the pillows. Live with them for a while. If you absolutely love the results, then take the plunge and find a couple of inexpensive chairs to upholster. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! Go for it girl!! LOL.... I love this room. I just ordered a sofa and pillows and I was dying to order an animal print but I didn't get the nerve up! I would like to find a bolster, kidney or lumbar style pillow with a leopard print to set in the middle of the sofa. I think starting with pillows is the wise way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Liz. I'll stop by to see the sofa. I hope you go with a leopard print pillow. We need to stick together!

      Delete
  3. I share your love of leopard. So much so that I covered my dining room chair seats in leopard and I love them! that and a leopard throw pillow on my neutral colored club chair in the adjoining living room and I am happy. My mother was English and a designer and she always said no room was complete without a hint of animal print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My client is considering a leopard staircase runner. Most of her furnishings and fabrics are quite neutral, while her floors are super dark. I'll have to share this photo - really striking. Love it! xo, Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the result, Loi. With your help, I'm sure it will be stunning!

      Delete
  5. Hi Phyllis - I hope you'll post photos of the chairs when they're done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deborah I adore these leopard chairs! I say go for it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love animal prints too, Deborah, especially those not from real animals. Go for it with the chairs. The ones here are dynamite (but then I also like the sounds of your cocktail napkins and potholders. Perhaps you could hang onto those for security's sake.)
    b

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are part of what makes blogging worthwhile! In an effort to control spam, comments are moderated and word verification has been enabled. Apologies for any inconvenience.