Simple

Simple

Country In The City


Interior Design by Tricia Foley.  Photo source here.
There is a guest room in my house with two twin beds like these that could use some help.  The room doesn't get much use (it seems silly to refer to it as a guest room), but I do feel bad that it's not outfitted to its full potential.  This bedroom in Tricia Foley's country home looks so comfortable.  I'm already playing with gray paint and looking for striped sheets.  My home is in the city, but it's a modest house built in 1865 that from the inside looks more country than city. When I did some research, I learned that the house was originally home to a machinist (you've probably already guessed that I don't live in Beacon Hill).  I'm trying to embrace its humble roots, but sometimes long for a slick city space.

Everybody is going gray these days, it seems.  Is it here to stay or a passing fad? Note that the paint color in this room is Cape May Cobblestone by Benjamin Moore.

For more from Tricia Foley, visit one of her blogs linked below (The New General Store is Tricia's online store) .  Reading her blogs is a peaceful visit to the country. 






9 comments:

  1. I love Tricia's work: always beautiful yet simple. Very effortless, too. BTW, Pottery Barn has nice ticking bed linens. I just purchased the blue for our guest room. Here's the link:

    http://www.potterybarn.com/products/vintage-ticking-stripet-duvet-cover-sham-blue/?pkey=cblue&cm_src=blue||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi - Thanks for the tip about Pottery Barn (and the link!).

      Delete
  2. This room has a nice relaxing vibe to it. I think that's the important part- creating a cozy relaxing feeling. I love the wall coloring and the bedding too! West Elm sells some striped sheets that look similar. This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,

      Thanks. I did see the sheets and West Elm and they look very similar. I'll give them a look!

      Delete
  3. Sorry Deborah, but I'm not sure I'm ready to embrace Battle Ship Grey here at The Hedge as yet!! However I'm sure you will weave your magic in your guest room & it will look tres chic. I hear there's big snow storm heading your way, hope you are able to snuggle down & weather it comfortably.
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millie, I've seen your renovations via your blog and the finished result is always light and bright. I sometimes have the same "battle ship" thought when it comes to gray, but this room of Tricia Foley's looks perfect to me.
      Deborah

      Delete
  4. Hey again Deborah,
    Your last two posts are about two of my favorite people. Love, love Ina and did a whole post about her. I also watched the clip you included. She's so natural. A friend and myself are venturing to Cleveland to see her in person. Very excited and will have several of her cookbooks in my hot, little hands ready to be signed.

    And Tricia Foley - if only I could be as disciplined as she is in her design ethic. I love hers, but several other ones also. What to do, what to do?

    Thanks for both of these posts. I think we have very similar tastes.

    Did you dig out yet?
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie - Yes, we're all "dug out" here as they say. It was a wild storm, but we made the most of being snowed in for a few days.

      I'll look for a post on your blog about your trip to see Ina! Many of us will want to hear the details...
      Deborah

      Delete
  5. Love this room. Have you seen Ikea's blue and white striped duvets? Purchased one for our son's apt and husband and I both think we should get one for our bed, soft and comfy. Also purchased several 100% linen duvets at Ikea that are very similar in feel to Eileen Fisher's linen bedding and at a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are part of what makes blogging worthwhile! In an effort to control spam, comments are moderated and word verification has been enabled. Apologies for any inconvenience.